The Yorkshire pudding is the classic and perfect accompaniment to accompany a roast beef, it is a “lifelong” habit and has its raison d’être since they make a great couple, they complement each other, instead of bread we will eat this rich pudding for not waste not a drop of the juices that the roast has given us.
This recipe is very old, you have news of it from the SXVII, it was a kind of first course, to fill the stomachs of the poor, the meat was a luxury within the reach of few. An authentic roast beef is roasted on a rack in the oven and all the juices of the meat fall on the tray below where a delicious, crispy and fluffy Yorkshire pudding will be cooking perfect to absorb the rich sauce that is being created when cooking roast beef.
It is easy to cook, it is prepared in two stages, first we prepare the liquid dough, similar to that of the crepes that we will allow to rest in the fridge for at least two hours, half an hour before eating, we beat the egg whites until stiff and add them to the table we have resting.
We have to put them in the oven, roast them and eat them. We will enjoy them very much.
To prepare them I have consulted many recipes, both in books and on the web and, oh, miracle, there are hardly any discrepancies and the recipe and the amounts to be used are practically the same in all the sources consulted.
Ingredients for 8 very beautiful individual puddings:
170 gr. of premium wheat flour, 350 cc of whole milk, 150 cc. Mineral water, 1/2 c / c of salt, 2 eggs, 1 nut of butter
We are going to use a very large bowl to be able to beat with ease without staining everything. We will perform the following steps and they will be perfect:
- We sift the flour to be thin and lump-free
- We separate the egg whites
- Add the yolks and beat
- We incorporate the liquids: the water and the milk mixing little by little until we have a fine cream.
- Let stand about two hours in the fridge
- Spread the molds with plenty of butter.
- We ride the whites to the point of very hard snow, that we turn it over and it does not take off from the source in which we have beaten it.
- We combine the egg whites until stiff with the smoothie that we have resting in the fridge, with enveloping movements and very careful so that it does not fall.
- We fill the ¾ parts of the molds and put them in the oven, they will be ready when we puncture them and the stick comes out dry.
- In 25-30 minutes, they will have grown and be golden and crispy.
- We must beat very carefully when we incorporate the egg whites until stiff.
- You have to grease the molds very well.
- Prepare them while resting the roast beef (roast beef) to eat them hot and freshly cooked.
- You can use a large cake mold and then chop it or small molds that to your liking.