Pumpkin soup is and will be, one of my biggest favorites. Most of the soups and purees are boiled with water, but it rises by roasting the vegetables in the oven. Roasted pumpkin intensifies its flavor and gives it more character.
It is a super easy recipe, which is made practically alone. Put the vegetables in the oven and when they are soft, crush adding water. It is vibrant both cold and hot, and it does not take more than half an hour to do it.
Here I leave it for you to enjoy.
Roasted Pumpkin soups
- 1 kg of pumpkin
- 3 carrots
- 1 onion
- A dash of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- A little bit of salt
- Some ground black pepper
- A pinch of tarragon
- ½ liter of water or broth
- Preheat the oven to 200º with heat up and down.
- Peel the pumpkin, remove the skin and seeds and cut it into cubes. Remove the skin from the onion and divide it into four pieces.
- Put vegetable paper in the baking tray. Spread the vegetables over it, and add a little salt, ground black pepper and tarragon.
- Bake and let them cook for 30 minutes. (Until the pumpkin is tender).
- Crush the vegetables and leave by adding water or broth until you get the texture you like best.