Healthy tomato pie glaze is one of the favorite comfort foods in my house.
In recent months I have been reviewing the tomato pie recipe I have here on the blog. I started with Piloncillo & Vanilla in 2019 … in the middle. It already makes a good !!! And what started with a little place online to share my tomato pie recipes has been growing little by little.
The truth is that I never thought that I would fall in love with this project so much … and yes … I fell so in love that it became my job. And yes, I am super lucky that I have a job that all the time I am thinking about because it fascinates me because I want to learn more because I want to be able to have everything you need to make deli meals here on my page.
It has not been easy, it has taken me a lot of time, money and effort to take Piloncillo & Vanilla to where it is right now.
But I am totally convinced that the biggest change and what helped me the most to give my blog a giant push was learning to take photos.
That’s why I’m checking the old recipes and I’m giving them an update. Look I have some photos that are ugly … FEAS … that you die. You don’t even know what it is, as the tomato pie salad was horror or the watermelon salad was also horrible the photo. Look at the photo of the lentil cake I took in the first year of Piloncillo & Vanilla. As rich as the recipe was impossible for anyone to fancy this delicious and mega nutritious lentil cake, right?
That’s why I’m super happy to tell you that I have a surprise for you next week. And I want it to be Monday to tell you what it is. But the most important of all this is that I think it will help you a lot … VERY MUCH … and I hope that with this surprise that I bring you it will not take you as long as I do to give a mega push to your blog or your business.
But as soon as I leave you the recipe for this
SEED PASTEL WITH TOMATO PIE GLAZE
which is the best and is perfect for everything… even to make Italian type sandwiches with him. I serve it with peas, with mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes or with crushed potatoes … which also have a new photo.
If you like the recipe and make it take a photo and share it on Instagram for me and everyone else to see. Comes out?
Lentil cake with tomato pie glaze Calories: 9kcal
You may also be interested: How to make garlic butter sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped super small half cup or so
- 2 celery stalks chopped super small half cup or so
- 2 chopped carrots super small half cup or so
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup of tomato paste or catsup if you don’t have
- 2 cups uncooked lentils or 4 cups cooked lentils
- 1/2 cup of ground bread
- 1/2 cup ground pecans or chopped super small
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- If you need to cook the lentils put 2 cups of lentils in 5 cups of water. Leave them until they are soft but not undone, 10-15 min.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Chop the onion, celery, and carrot as small as you can. I pogo them in the food processor and press several times until they are small.
- In a pan put the olive oil to heat and put the vegetables with a good pinch of salt. They’re going to drop juice, but that’s fine, it’s the idea.
- When they are beginning to brown a little of the banks put the garlic and tomato puree. Leave it for about 10 min. plus.
- In a large bowl put the rest of the ingredients, lentils and sauteed vegetables.
- Czech salt and pepper.
- Put the mixture in a pan or on a tray with baking paper.
- To prepare the glaze, just mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Press it and make it firm so that when it is split it does not break down, put on the glaze. I put half of it, but it is to your liking.
- Bake for 30-45 min. until he is golden brown and feels firm.
I know that for this recipe I am using catsup. As you know, it is rare that you use processed things. But IF you are going to use it, check the ingredients that have the least possible and that DO NOT have HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP (HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP).
Serving: 6g | Calories: 9kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g